Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link below I may get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
8 Best Things to See and Do in Utah (in 2023)
We LOVE Utah! It is one of those states in the US that you can travel to multiple times and feel like you’re somewhere new. From our trips here, these are the 8 best things to see and do in Utah.
BEST UTV AND OFF-ROADING ADVENTURES
Hell’s Revenge 4×4 Off-Roading Tour from Moab
Roam over the sandstone domes and slickrock ledges of Hell’s Revenge near Moab on this off-road adventure by UTV (utility terrain vehicle). You will follow an experienced guide while you drive your own 4-passenger Kawasaki Teryx 4. Navigate the difficult terrain, full of steep climbs and descents. You’re treated to views of the La Sal Mountains, the Colorado River and the sandstone cliffs of Negro Bill Canyon. Travel in a small group of up to four vehicles on a 2.5-hour morning, afternoon or sunset tour.
- You will drive a 4-person utility terrain vehicle on a difficult 4×4 route
- Follow an experienced guide over slickrock and sandstone
- Take in views of Negro Bill Canyon, Abyss Canyon, La Sal Mountains and the Colorado River
- Choose a morning, afternoon or sunset adventure
Peek-A-Boo Slot Canyon UTV Adventure in Kanab
- Journey over sandy trails to explore Zion’s Slot Canyon
- Private tour, exclusively for your party: A personalized experience
- Learn about the landscapes, geology, and history from your guide
- Option sandboarding time is included
Arches National Park 4x4 Adventure from Moab
To truly experience the legendary beauty of Arches National Park, you need to explore its isolated corners. On this adventurous 4WD tour from Moab, your expert guide will help you do just that as you navigate the backcountry to spots like the Tower Arch, as well as visit the famous red rocks at Marching Men and Eye of the Whale. Bonus: Your tour features a stop to see fossilized dinosaur tracks.
- 4WD tour of Arches National Park, from Moab
- Travel off-road to reach more remote locations away from the crowds with an experienced guide
- Take in amazing geological formations such as sandstone spires and layered red rock
- Admire the sandstone fin known as Marching Men and the 92-foot (28-meter) span of Tower Arch Wind along a former cowboy trail and hear about the region’s human history
- Marvel at well-preserved dinosaur footprints in this former Jurassic Park
BEST NATIONAL AND STATE PARK EXCURSIONS
Discover Moab in A Day: Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Pt
Peering out through the elephantine North Window, standing inside the cathedral-like Double Arch and losing yourself in the endlessness of Dead Horse Pt overlook are some of the transcendental experiences that make this scenic tour so special. On this comprehensive tour of all 3 of Moab’s parks first time guests will take in more of the iconic sights than on any other 4×4 or bus tour. Travel in a small group, in a comfortable, closed, air-conditioned vehicle and make many stops for fabulous photos and four 0.5 to 1 mile short walks (all walks are over gravel, rocks & uneven terrain, but are totally optional). This non-bumpy, highly interactive and delightfully revealing tour takes you back in deep time (millions of years) to decipher the park’s mysterious landscape of fins and arches, delicate ecology and botany of the desert and the rich cultural heritage of the area.
Zion Sunset Jeep Tour
Experience the beauty of East Zion in Utah at sunset with an adventurous small-group tour. Begin with an exciting Jeep ride up the mountain to one of the highest points in East Zion. After the adrenaline-pumping Jeep ride, slow down and watch the sunset over the cliffs of Zion National Park. Chairs, blankets, and snacks are all provided for taking in the views.
- Watch sunset from a mountain in East Zion
- Experience an exhilarating Jeep ride up the mountain
- Maximize time in Utah with a small-group tour
- Snacks, chairs, and blankets are all provided
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park Day Tour with Lunch from Las Vegas
Visit two of Utah’s national parks, Zion and Bryce Canyon, in just one day with this full-day tour from Las Vegas. Discover a surreal desert landscape of sandstone cliffs, canyons, mesas, and unusual hoodoo rock formations. Stop at the Visitor Center and Checkerboard Mesa at Zion, and explore different scenic viewpoints at Bryce Canyon. the way, pass by the Virgin River Gorge and St. George.
- Visit both Zion and Bryce Canyon in one day
- Includes admission to both national parks
- Lunch, granola bar, and bottle water provided
- Round-trip transfers from select Las Vegas hotels
BEST UNIQUE EXPERIENCES
Private Half-Day tour to Bonneville Salt Flats
The Bonneville Salt Flats is like nothing else you have or probably will ever experience. The Salt is left over from a prehistoric salt water lake called Lake Bonneville, that covered much of the Utah and Nevada desert. As climates changed and the lake dried up, a large bed of salt remained.
The salt flats are a very popular tourist destination, where many come from around the world to see the sunset and take pictures of the other-worldly landscape.
The Salt Flats are probably most famous for the speed races that take place there. Nearly all the land speed records held in the planet have been set or broken at the Bonneville Salt Flats.
To reach the Salt Flats, we travel 100 miles west of Salt Lake City, close the Nevada border. Salt Flats gets covered in water during the winter months.
Tandem Base Jumping in Moab
Are you ready to defy gravity, feel the adrenaline rush, and conquer your wildest dreams? At Tandem BASE Moab, we’re here to make Tandem BASE jump in Moab accessible to everyone, turning your thrill-seeking fantasies into reality.
Our mission is simple: to provide you with the ultimate adventure experience while ensuring your safety is our top priority. We understand that you’re looking for highly experienced and professional instructors to guide you through this heart-pounding journey.
Utah Gems to Photograph
Utah may just be the most beautiful state we have visited. And if you are looking to capture some epic pictures, you shouldn’t miss these other extremely photographic and instagrammable spots.