What to do in Lake Havasu City
This little oasis in the Arizona desert is well worth the visit.
Lake Havasu City has mountains, hiking, water sports, excellent food, beautiful parks and even aerial activities. Located along the Colorado River, we highly recommend making some time to come out for a few days. Here are our favorite Restaurants, sights and things to do.
Lake Havasu is a city of small, mom and pop owned restaurants -which we love. And the food is absolutely amazing. Here are our favorites.
- Sake Sushi – honestly some of the best sushi we’ve ever had
- La Vita Dolce Italian Bistro and Lounge – Beautiful and tasty Italian dishes
- Juicy’s –
- The Red Onion – great for brunch but very busy
- Makai Cafe – their Tex-Mex food is worth a try!
- London Bridge – walk across the bridge and you can see the lake, the English Village, and if there are boat parties, this is the best view.
- Sunset on the island – drive over the London bridge and find a spot on the island to park and watch the sun go down. It is never a disappointment and you’ll have a water and mountain view.
- Rotary Park – This is one of our favorite spots. It has beaches, the channel, wide open fields, picnic tables and more. We come here weekly to walk the trail, look out over the water, and even do AcroYoga!
Things To Do
- Hike! – Check out SARA park and hike through the crack in the mountain. It is a fun hike with a beautiful ending point.
- Get out on the water – whether you are on a paddle board, a boat, a jet ski, or at the beach
- Attend a festival – Lake Havasu hosts tons of festivals. We got to experience the Hot Air Balloon festival and Bluegrass festival. All the events attract thousands of people and have vendors, activities, and typically live music.